Review process for online help

Subject: Review process for online help
From: Donna Marino <domarino -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:11:14 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I've developed a large online help system and it needs to be reviewed by the SMEs at my company. This is the first time the help is going through a review and it's going to take a bit of work to get everyone on the same page about the review process and its value.

What have you found to be the best and most efficient way to elicit feedback from subject matter experts? Do you distribute materials to be reviewed as a printed document, a PDF, or some other format? (I ask this because one developer likes to have a paper copy so he can actually write notes on it.) Any suggestions about useful review processes would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Donna

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.