Re: Taking a slightly different tone

Subject: Re: Taking a slightly different tone
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: "Handy, David" <dhandy -at- Informatica -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:47:48 -0400

Handy, David wrote:
> Twenty five dollars for each hour for finished product? When each hour
> probably takes two to complete? So Keith can expect about a hundred
> bucks a day? Wow I would have thought/asked for more...

No, no, that was *my* guess at what the clients might think was the
correct rate. We've all seen suggestions from people claiming to need
professional writing who wish to pay about $12 to $15 an hour because
that's what they think a typist ought to be paid.

"Can't be that hard. It's just typing, right?"

Or the ones who are actually looking for plagairism, offering $5 per
article "written."

Lemmesee if I can do this voice stuff myself. "Ahhh, the reason I'm
talking to you today is ahh, well, they want me to tell you about this,
uhhh, stuff that I'm sposed to talk about. It's, ahhh, well, what can we
say? Oh, yeah, it says here on the box that it's a flabbergasted digital
conbromulator. No, that's a combrobulator. Sorry about that. Kinda hard
to read. Hold a minute--HONK!--excuse the cold. Hey, would you believe I
get paid real money to tell you this stuff. KOFF KOFF damn cold. Look,
this stuff I'm talking about is really neat. Umm, the best thing about
it is, ahh, let's see what it says here. Hold on a minute. The type is
really tiny. ..."

That'll be $25, thank you.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.