Re: Word 2007 cross-references

Subject: Re: Word 2007 cross-references
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:01:50 -0700

Our PDFs are used for what PDFs were originally designed for, to transfer
formatted documents to print vendors. We do provide PDFs if someone wants them,
but we do not carry over Word links to them, they just have PDF bookmarks. The
only reason we would insert a cross-reference as a hyperlink in the Word DOC
would be so that we can click it to verify it is correctly tied to its reference
and there will not be an error in the printed book or PDF. If I insert
something into a paragraph with a style tag of "Body" or "Heading," I expect it
to look exactly as the formatting for that style dictates unless I specifically
format it otherwise.

If you want hyperlinks that look like hyperlinks, why insert cross-references in
the first place? Just insert hyperlinks.

Gene Kim-Eng