Re: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs

Subject: Re: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs
From: Janet Swisher <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:02:12 -0500

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net> wrote:
> It kind of depends on who you are. Dilbert's job is high stress.
> Wally's, surely with the same job title, is the epitome of low stress.
> Wait a minute, low can't have an epitome. Oh well, y'all know what I
> mean. This is a low-stress posting. Time for a Wally break.

This points to a kernel of truth. Whether you experience stress has a
lot more to do with how you handle pressures than with what the
pressures are.

While not a Wally-ish goldbricker, I've learned that there's usually
another crisis tomorrow, so I don't get too worked up over the crisis
today. I just take a deep breath, deliver the best I can under the
circumstances, and move on.

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.janetswisher.com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.

Re: #5 on the list of Low Stress Jobs: From: Peter Neilson