Can we start a sentence with "or" or "and" in a manual

Subject: Can we start a sentence with "or" or "and" in a manual
From: "Catherine, Jennita" <Jennita -dot- Catherine -at- barco -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:16:36 +0530

Hello there!

I am really confused with this... Can we start a sentence
with "and" or "or". Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks much!
Jennita

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help and Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. Full support for
team authoring with multi-user editing - both directly and in combination
with VSS-compatible source control systems. http://www.helpandmanual.com/