RE: Twitter

Subject: RE: Twitter
From: "Gordon McLean" <gordon -dot- mclean -at- sword-ciboodle -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:59:58 -0000

I should know better but I can't resist....

What you get from Twitter depends on who you follow.

For those interested in technical communications (that'd be us, right?) then
following Char, RJacquez from Adobe, Rahel Baillie, Anne Gentle, lets you
see the things that cross their path, things which might just interest you
as well.

By following a number of people in related fields, I can also glean useful
articles and thoughts from areas such as cognitive psychology, eLearning and
more.

Yes you do need to filter out mentions of dinners eaten and whatnot, but for
me the value I gain outweighs what is a small inconvenience.

Hope that helps.

And no, Twitter is not for everyone. I agree.

Gordon