RE: in search for better tools

Subject: RE: in search for better tools
From: "Ed" <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "'Robert Lauriston'" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "'Bill Swallow'" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:23:13 -0500

Then y'know what, take it off list to him.

As a user of Flare, and not of Feedback Server, I've found MadCap very
receptive and quick to respond. You're clogging many peoples' inboxes with
emails that don't affect most of them. Have you tried to contact MadCap
directly with your concerns, or simply chastised Sharon who's been nothing
but helpful, and isn't even an full-time employee of the company?

And if people are still using CHM files, which are what, over 10 years old
now, then I don't' suspect those are the kind of people who would use the
Feedback Server. The thread you just linked is with four people, hardly a
huge demand.

Caveat emptor applies to tech writers, too. Folks, be aware of what the
software you purchase does, before you implement it.
-=Ed.

Behalf
> Of Robert Lauriston
> Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 1:18 PM
> To: Bill Swallow
> Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: Re: in search for better tools
>
> Mike Hamilton's post shows that the company still does not understand the
> issue.
>
> What needs to be fixed is not Feedback but Flare (which generates the
> .chm), and a MadCap Feedback user requested that fix over a year ago:
>
> http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7564

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/