Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 01:05:06 -0700 (MST)

Posted on
Saturday, January 16, 2010
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

ANNOUNCEMENT: WritersUA Update

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCEMENT: WritersUA Update

Tools Survey Results Available
Early Registration Ends on Friday
Article: Screen Capture Tools Review
Free Evening Seminar in Dallas
WritersUA Visits STC Chapters

Tools Survey Results Posted
The results of the 2010 Tools Survey are now available.
This popular survey provides our community
with a snapshot of the tools we most value.
http://www.writersua.com/surveys/tools10/index.html

Early Registration Ends on Friday for UA Conference
Save over $300 if you register by Friday, Jan. 8 for the
Conference for Software User Assistance. The event takes
place March 21-24 in Seattle.
http://www.writersua.com/ohc/index.html

Article: Screen Capture
Tools Review Matthew Ellison has updated his popular review of
screen capture tools. The article describes the important
attributes of a capture tool and examines and compares the
features of ten popular products.
http://www.writersua.com/articles/capturetools/index.html

Free Evening Seminar in Dallas
Registration is open for a free seminar in Dallas, TX,
January 11. The topics will be "Trends in Software User
Assistance" and "User Assistance for the iPhone".
WritersUA
http://www.writersua.com/dallas/index.html

WritersUA Visits STC Chapters
Joe Welinske, President of WritersUA, will be making
presentations to the following STC chapters:
Houstin 1/12
http://www.stc-houston.org/events?event_id=39
Austin, 1/13
http://www.stcaustin.org/events-mainmenu-2/1-chapter-meetings/309
-chapter-meeting-jan-13

About WritersUA
WritersUA specializes in providing quality
training and publications for the community of user assistance
professionals. The world of user assistance comprises a variety
of techniques and technologies to make working with software a
better experience. This includes online Help, wizards, web sites,
printed documentation, and improvements to the application user
interface. Our customers represent a diverse group of technical
writers, software developers, contractors, and consultants.

Contact:
Shannon Mattila shannonm - at - writersua com
Web site: www.WritersUA.com Phone: 206-405-0923
Linkedin: Software User Assistance Group Twitter: writersua

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising