Re: website tech pubs, etc.

Subject: Re: website tech pubs, etc.
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:09:26 -0500

Keith Hood wrote:
> ... talk to the end users about what coverage they need.

Exactly. My wife the quality engineer says that talking to the mix-room
guys was the only way she could get the information about what they
needed to have. You learn stuff like (I'm making this up, but my wife
says it's on target) "Tell 'em NEVER to open the inspection port at
stage 2. Yes, it locks at stage 3 when the stuff has heated up, but
don't open it at 2 because it'll take half an hour to peel the glop off
your face."

Those guys will know whether they'll have a color printer available.
(There won't be one, I'll bet.) They'll know what things really should
be shown as drawings, not photos or videos. Invite them to help review
your documentation plan.

And I'll bet you know all that already!

I think the video should have an animated cartoon showing what happens
to the guy who doesn't wear a hard hat. I mean, in addition to his
getting fired. My brother's Bobcat skid-steer (serial #1, we believe; no
seatbelt) would launch the operator headfirst into the roll cage.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com