Re: website tech pubs, etc.

Subject: Re: website tech pubs, etc.
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:38:25 -0800 (PST)

The "all or some" thing made me think, and I assume the manuals are pretty sizable...In addition to a PDF that gives the entire manual, you might also set up separate PDFs for each chapter. That would give them user the option to download only a chapter at a time. There are bound to be cases where a guy has spilled sugar-laden coffee and glued together the pages of the last chapter, but the rest of his manual is still usable. It would be a blessing to the user to be able to download only the one part he really needs instead of the whole thing. I know that would complicate document management, so I don't know if you could get away with it.