Re: OT: Profanity in the workplace

Subject: Re: OT: Profanity in the workplace
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:27:07 -0500

We provide tech support via phone, and are constantly delivering training
via WebEx and therefore have many open phone lines to customers at any
given time.
Swearing, no matter how venial the utter believes it to be, is simply not
tolerated.

-Greg

03/03/2010 02:06:10 PM:

> From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
> To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
> Date: 03/03/2010 02:06 PM
> Subject: OT: Profanity in the workplace
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>

> Is it not a big deal in an office environment? Or should we always
> err on the side of manners?
>

> My office is multi-cultural. What is more, we are trying to instill
> Core Values, which include Integrity, Respect, and People.
>

> However, yesterday I was in a meeting with some managers, and I
> heard "GD", which I find really offensive. I made a comment ("please
> do not say that") and it was laughed off.
>

> I believe people don't want to have to think about cleaning up their
> language. I actually heard someone say, team members that can swear
> around each other actually work better together.
>

> Am I being too fussy? I'm no angel, I just think there is a time and
place!

> Thanks,
>
> Kat

> Use Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word, or HTML and
> produce desktop, Web, or print deliverables. Just write (or import)
> and Doc-To-Help does the rest. Free trial: http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Explore CAREER options and paths related to Technical Writing,
> learn to create SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS documents, and
> get tips on FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION best practices. Free at:
> http://www.ModernAnalyst.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/gps03%
> 40health.state.ny.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com