Re: Pleasurable typo (and the horror of Google)

Subject: Re: Pleasurable typo (and the horror of Google)
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "Richard Mateosian" <xrmxrm -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:47:53 -0800

Richard--

I'll certainly look for that book, but tell us: Does it explain why
search engines (including the one in Facebook) do not offer a search
syntax that lets me say "hey -- JUST find "William A. Smith" -- don't
assume I can't spell or want all nicknames and the like." I find that,
far too often, I get way more "hits" than I want to plow through, and find
there's no way to ask for a LITERAL or ABSOLUTE search.

--Guy K. Haas
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com