Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:44:38 -0400

I have learned that if I have to put an "unusual" word in my resume (such as
"rheology" -- an industry in which I once worked), I would also put in some
words explaining what it meant, especially if the resume was going outside
that niche industry. It also demonstrates that I can explain technical
concepts to a lay audience (which is one of my selling points). I have also
found it helpful to put in explanatory blurbs about companies where I've
worked, since many of them no longer exist under that name or in that form
(from mergers, acquisitions, or more dire outcomes).

-Wendy

Wendy
---
wendyshandmade.etsy.com