Re: Snagit transparency feature

Subject: Re: Snagit transparency feature
From: DonaLuisa <donaluisa_nwr -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:34:48 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the input. I haven't received any solutions privately.

After trawling about the SnagIt tech support and the FrameUsers forums, here's what I think I have figured out (someone please correct me if I am wrong):Â

For SnagIt, transparency inÂthe PNG formatÂis currently not supported in the Preview Window / Editor. However, transparent GIF isÂsupported. In addition, the image's transparency is not supportedÂif it is copied to the clipboard.

In FM, transparent GIF is NOT supported. (I'm not sure if FM supports any format for transparency, but I'll be asking this of FrameUsers.com.)

Recap of my situation:

I want take a screen shot of a FrameMaker document, keep it its actual size, and remove the white page background. Then I want to overlay it, perhpas as a SnagIt graphic image, over another FrameMaker document. I'm trying toÂcompare onscreen alignment of graphic images in both documents. When I try this, the SnagIt image's background is not transparent in FM (but appears asÂtransparent in MS products). So I am searching how can I get FM to support an image with transparent background.

I may use SnagIt to get an image of both Frame doc's and import the graphics into a MS Office application for comparison, but I want to ensure both images are sized exactly the same, otherwise the exercise is useless and I might as well go back to holding up the printed pages to my office window.

-DL