RE: Snagit transparency feature

Subject: RE: Snagit transparency feature
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: 'DonaLuisa' <donaluisa_nwr -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:04:08 -0700

DonaLuisa wrote:

> In FM, transparent GIF is NOT supported. (I'm not sure if FM supports any
> format for transparency, but I'll be asking this of FrameUsers.com.)

I'm pretty certain that versions of FM before 9 don't support transparency at all. The FM 9 help mentions transparency with regard to importing PDFs and AI files, but only to warn that they may not print correctly.

In any case, it seems to me that the comparison process you're trying to implement is pretty complicated and not that precise. I believe I'd rather print both and hold the pages up to the window (at least that way you're comparing 600 dpi versions, not 96 dpi). :-)

For accurate on-screen comparison, you could run two instances of FM, open one doc in each, and then use Graphics > Object Properties to compare precisely (to a thousandth of an inch) the size and location of the corresponding frames/graphics in each file.

Or someone very clever with FrameScript (like Rick Quatro, frameexpert.com) could script a solution that does the comparisons and either creates a report or maybe even fixes the problems.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -