Re: Requirements management systems

Subject: Re: Requirements management systems
From: jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:43:12 -0700

Thanks for the suggestions, folks! Keep them coming. I surfed around last night and there are so many tools out there that support Agile/SCRM. I really appreciate hearing from people who have actually used them.

We're using a wiki now. It's not working very well for people. Nobody wants to maintain it. Our editor is really hard to use for anything complex--like tables. It has been a good repository for UI graphics and our "specs" (screen shots done by marketing).

One of the engineers has suggested using WordPress if we have to create our own. That's based on his observation that it's easier to use than our wiki.

Anywhere/anytime isn't really a problem for us. The owner of the company I work for doesn't allow much telecommuting and no VPN access. Sad, but true. We would probably have to buy a locally hosted solution. Most of the web-hosted ones seem to offer such.

Bootstrap problem indeed! We've sort of articulated the requirements for the requirements system as "anything that helps reduce chaos." Pretty broad, I know.

Jenny