RE: Tab and Subtab?

Subject: RE: Tab and Subtab?
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:07:29 -0400

This is one of those cases where I try to avoid naming the thing
referred to, as there is no good term for it. If there is only one
thing labeled Standard visible, and only one thing labeled Export, I
would say:

Select Standard, and then Import.

Or even:

Standard --> Import

There's no need to name the thing unless you need to distinguish among
them. Similarly, I try not to say "Click the Frubsis button" when
"Select Frubsis" or "Click Frubsis" is generally unambiguous enough.
And shorter.

- Jessica

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -