Subject: Summary: Create PDF with spaces intact?
From: <barbphilbrick -at- caslonsvcs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:03:55 -0400

Sounds like no one else has found a solution to this.

The basic problem is that to compress the files, the PDF identifies a fixed
starting point for a line of text and gets rid of leading spaces. So unless
we can fool it into thinking our spaces aren't really spaces, users can't
copy spaces out of the PDFs.

Thanks to Paul Goble for the link to detail on this at
<http://www.pdf-tools.com/public/downloads/whitepapers/whitepaper-pdfprimer.
pdf>.

For us, this is a style issue (our code doesn't require indents).

But if anyone has found a solution, we would be interested.

Thanks,

Barb