RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler

Subject: RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:56:22 -0400

Bill Swallow said to Tony Chung:

> > Nobody at STC has detailed the criteria yet beyond the names of the
> > subject area, which don't included areas I work in. So it would be
> > good for Steven (being the committee chair) to provide even a blog
> > post, forum topic, or-egad-wiki page that features that discussion.
> >
> > What, STC using SocMed tools to draft process? Pshaw. I hope Anne
> > Gentle gets involved with the process to knock some sense into their
> > paper based minds. ;-)
>
> I agree, it'd be good practice to flesh this out in some kind of a
> dedicated forum of some kind. I'd say Wiki for those on the committee,
> but definitely a public forum or even a blog where anyone - member or
> not - can comment on items the committee raises for discussion.
>
> This is a huge task, and I would understand and even suggest that the
> committee avoid too many hands in the pot. But, that doesn't mean
> developing behind a curtain either. Make the Wiki readable by all,
> writable by committee members. Create discussions around areas being
> actively worked on, so the feedback flows along with the development
> effort in a timely manner.

This sounds like an excellent and workable approach.

I would prefer to keep comments open, even after the
main participants have moved on in the project. By the
nature of the internet, many more people will stumble
across the posts long after the original post and
early reactions to it, requests for clarification, etc.

In other words, somebody not initially involved might
type a search term into Google and blunder into the
site a year later and have a pertinent point to
make or question to ask. As mentioned elsewhere, the
STC has lots more non-members than members, even among
TWs.

- KThe information contained in this electronic mail transmission
or disclosing it.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/