Re: Re: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler

Subject: Re: Re: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:54:33 -0400

> Certification might have some relevance to the first key question of
> prospective employment: Do I understand the job? As you suggest, it
> implies exposure to this Body of Knowledge that some have described as
> an attempt in progress. "The Right Way" and "how any professional writer
> handles situations at work" are incredibly broad realms to encompass,

I don't know that it even defines "the right way"....what is "the
right way" for anything?

What I think it does is let someone know that you know of "A" way that
has some relationship to an accepted best practices methodology, and
that you know of "A" way for a list of some things that have been
attributed to a good writer that an uncertified writer may not have
exposure to, even if they can create Installation Documents that would
bring a tear to the eye of the Bard.

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29&#8211;Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/