Office 2007 Q

Subject: Office 2007 Q
From: "jopakent" <jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <WORD-PC -at- LISTSERV -dot- LIV -dot- AC -dot- UK>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:22:02 -0700

In my prior version (2002 I think), I had Word set to open such that I could
drag multiple instances wherever I wanted to as soon as I opened them. It
looks like some portion of that setting has been preserved, because I can
now click the Restore Down icon and drag multiple instances from desktop to
desktop. I'm wondering if there is a setting I can select that will open new
documents such that they will drag immediately. If I recall, I could drag
even Maximized documents before.

Related question. Is there a similar setting for Excel? I'd love to have
multiple Excel files open on different desktops. I didn't figure out how to
do this in 2002, I'd just spread the window across both desktops and then
tile them. Not sure if I was missing something or what. Hopefully though, in
2007, there is somewhat to open multiple Excel files, each in its own
window. Can anyone tell me if this IS the case or not?

Thanks in advance, plz cc me directly as I'm on digest.

Regards,

J. Paul Kent

206-383-0539

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29&#8211;Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/