RE: Scrum sucks!

Subject: RE: Scrum sucks!
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:59:44 -0400

Sorry, I meant the project team, not the Scrum team...if you include Product Owners (who are mostly in Marketing) and software development/test, we have about 35 folks on 7 scrum teams. The largest team has six people. Now at every sprint review, demo, planning session, etc each of these teams has to present, answer questions, figure what other teams it depends on, and each team has to take this all into consideration with their own planning.

So I need to follow up with six other teams, plus be a team player on mine, where me and my mates are not cross-functional (Not scrummy). I am supposed to do my own sprint planning and not be so reactive, but when I plan I don't know what the other teams might have in store for me. I can't say no to everyone, if Doc Complete is part of the DoD.

Of course, a Lone Writer is needed for other things in a smallish company.

> > I don't think I am alone in my frustration. What I suspect is, Scrum has
> > some optimal team size level.
>
> You bet! How big is your team?
>
> --
> Bill Swallow
>
> Twitter: @techcommdood
> Blog: http://techcommdood.com
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/