Re: "Entrance criteria" for starting documentation (kind of long)

Subject: Re: "Entrance criteria" for starting documentation (kind of long)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:00:56 -0700

In the scenario you are describing, the QA tester is developing scripts to test
the site based on his/her interpretation of the requirements and then you are
developing a site to pass the scripts. In other words, the QA tester is
defining the design of the site for you. My guess is that the QA tester is
already wondering how the heck he/she is supposed to know how to do that.

My preference in this situation would be to begin developing a site plan based
on my interpretation of the requirements at the same time the QA tester is
starting work on the scripts, and to coordinate my work with the tester to
ensure that the site and test scripts are both based on the same interpretation
of the requirements.

Gene Kim-Eng