RE: Salary Histories

Subject: RE: Salary Histories
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <lkiewiet -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:21:18 -0700

Has anyone tried (lately) asking what the salary range is, prior to the
interview?

I've never done this, but was thinking that in this economy, employers must
know what fits into their budget. And they would know the salary of the
person who last occupied the position, if there was a previous employee. I
realize that the socialized medicine package still has hidden costs for
employers, but they can still reveal a range to the prospective employee,
IMHO.

When the job listing says DOE and I am willing to tell them how much "E" I
have, I think telling me the bottom and top of the range is a truthful and
honest way to do business.

Anyone been successful with this?

--Lorraine

http://www.doctohelp.com