Re: New rules for business correspondence

Subject: Re: New rules for business correspondence
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:43:42 +0800

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Daughter writes:
>
> Have you discovered any good books about new rules for business
> correspondence?
>
> Am wanting to bone up on sales letter writing (selling myself as product ...
> i.e., selling ideas) and also to learn more about effective e-mail writing.
>
> Suggestions?

The first point for marketers is don't even think about spamming.

It does depend on your market (unfortunately, in my view), but I'd say
the second thing to learn about email style is never to top-post. Replies
go after quoted text.

References for that:
http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et090402.htm
http://catb.org/jargon/html/email-style.html

A good guide to general network etiquette
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

http://www.doctohelp.com