New rules for business correspondence

Subject: New rules for business correspondence
From: Phil <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L list <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 22:20:53 +0800

Agreed, if you're writing FAQs in documentation, but that's a different rhetorical situation. The purpose of quoting in business email replies is generally for reference, not to initiate dialogue. The receiver already knows what the question is, assuming the reply is a one-to-one correspondence.

I'm not sure 'usenet' and 'list-serv' are quite what was meant by 'business correspondence rules'... ;-)

http://www.doctohelp.com