Re: Mac Documentation: Venting

Subject: Re: Mac Documentation: Venting
From: Phil <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L list <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:21:35 +0800

Richard's is eminently the clearest, though I'm not fond of 'Step 3', personally.

I'd prefer to see the files named:

e.g.
Step 1....blah blah...
This is the default file;

Step 2...blah blah...
This is your new customised file.

Step 3. Make a copy of the customised file.

Step 4. Replace the default file in root/Library/Applications/Support/Accordance/Preferences with the copy of the customised file.

My second preference is the re-written Mac-style because it separates the instruction from the rationale.

I don't like the original much. It puts both the rationale and the instruction in one sentence and suffers from what I'd called 'stringy sentence syndrome'. Too many things to process in one string.

Best

Phil

http://www.doctohelp.com