Re: Concept - Task ratio

Subject: Re: Concept - Task ratio
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: List, Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:07:18 -0800

Our default help format is based on task instructions, with a "How do I...?"
section upfront for the most common tasks. On models intended for "advanced"
users, there are "Learn more about.." links at the bottom of each task
instruction that jump to explanations of concepts and/or best practices for
special operations that require unusual combinations of tasks, such as how to
manually configure if you're trying to use the product with a system that its
auto-configure hasn't been designed to be compatible with. Most of these aren't
in the help at all, but are online.

Gene Kim-Eng