Academic Research Survey

Subject: Academic Research Survey
From: Jessica Behles <behleje -at- nmt -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:24:44 -0700

Greetings all,

I hope everyone is managing to stay warm. My name is Jessica Behles, and I
am a senior in Technical Communication at the NM Institute of Mining and
Technology (NMT). As part of our course program we must write a thesis and
conduct original research as a part of that. My thesis is about the use of
online collaborative writing tools by TC practitioners and students. As part
of my primary research, I have written two online surveys (for practitioners
and students, respectively) to identify patterns in collaboration tool use
within both groups. I was hoping folks on here would be willing to take my
survey and help further my research. It is 12 questions, should take no
longer than 10 minutes, and will be closed near the end of this month.

If you are a TC student, that is, working toward a certificate or degree
(associates, undergrad, grad, etc.) in a university or college TC program,
please take the student version, located at:
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BGDQ4CH74

If you are a TC practitioner/professional, please use the practitioner
version, located at: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BP7DLHE3M

I currently have nearly 50 of both, with a goal of 50 responses from student
and 75 from practitioners. Since I will be publishing my findings, I cannot
share them in detail here. However, I have spoken with my advisor, who said
it would be okay to post brief summary of my findings to the list. Any
questions can be directed to my e-mail address.

Thank you for your time and assistance with my research.

Jessica
NMT TC Student

http://www.doctohelp.com