RE: Madcap Flare training

Subject: RE: Madcap Flare training
From: Jennifer Randel <jennifer_randel -at- khsd -dot- k12 -dot- ca -dot- us>
To: "'salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com'" <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:53:06 -0800

Hi Chris,
I've been using Flare for a year and a half and it's been a steep learning curve! I was fortunate enough to have a boss who paid that high cost to get me a couple of the Flare training classes. I also had no CSS experience when we signed up for Flare and I'm a lone tech writer.

I used a book called "Five Steps to Flare" by Lorraine Kupka and Joy Underhill and I thought it was helpful.

If you ever get the money or chance, I highly recommend getting some training from Scott DeLoach (http://www.clickstart.net/). I've had training courses from others, had support from MadCap's tech support, and used the Flare forums, but IMHO, Scott's the cream of the crop.

Hope this helps,
Jennifer