opinions on open source tools sought

Subject: opinions on open source tools sought
From: Marsha Howard <mhoward_99 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:08:25 -0800 (PST)

Open source tools (such as Open Office) seem wonderful to me as compared to those with price tags (such as Microsoft Office), but very few people seem to be using free open source tools. Even the August 2010 Techwr-l poll (As a technical writer, do you have a
preference for using open source tools and utilities?) only got 76 participants.
I would love to hear from anyone who has a strong opinion about open source, one way or the other.
Please contact me at mhoward_99 -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot- It would be helpful if you'd put "open source" in the subject field.
Thank you!

http://www.doctohelp.com