Re: Customer-friendly word for "landline"

Subject: Re: Customer-friendly word for "landline"
From: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:41:10 -0500

I personally don't see any problem with the term "landline". I agree the
term "Home Phone" may soon be obsolete, as so many people are using mobile
phones completely, but this term is still being used by the major telecoms.

I'll give my opinion on phone numbers too... While "dial 555-1212" may be
understood almost universally to refer to a landline phone, I would say
"Enter the phone number 555-1212". Such a phone number can be entered on a
landline device, cell phone, or computer if using VOIP..

Suzette Leeming
Stouffville, Ontario

http://www.doctohelp.com