Re: SharePoint Document Libraries

Subject: Re: SharePoint Document Libraries
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Sam Lightbourne <slightbourne -at- xtec -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:59:56 -0500

Without going into alot of detail, mostly because I don't know alot of
the details, we use Sharepoint to deliver our internal support
documentation to about 1,000 telephone support agents in the US
(mostly) and internationaly (much less) with thousands of hits each
day.

Most of our content is web page-based pages rather than file-based,
but we do use it for file repository and distribution.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Sam Lightbourne <slightbourne -at- xtec -dot- com> wrote:
> Is anyone using SharePoint for a technical documentation library.
>
> I'm probably going to be using it to house a small but growing documentation
> library.
>
> Our company has installed SharePoint and will be using it for collaboration
> on various projects and business related activities.

use it

> SharePoint also provides versioning and check-in/check-out capabilities that
> can be useful as well.

use it

> There will also probably be a workflow created for review and approval of
> documents.

use it

--
John Posada