Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:05:08 -0700 (MST)

Posted on
Thursday, February 17, 2011
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

UPDATE: WritersUA User Assistance Update - February 2011
ANNOUNCE: The MadCap Roadshow Kickoff is Fast Approaching

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

UPDATE: WritersUA User Assistance Update - February 2011

Salary Survey Results Posted
Check out the results of our 2011 UA Salary Survey. Over 700
contributors!
http://www.writersua.com/surveys/salary11/index.html

The Conference for Software User Assistance Long Beach Conference
Quickly Approaching
Register today for the WritersUA Conference for Software User
Assistance. All the details are available including sessions,
speakers, exhibitors, social activities, and certificate programs.
http://www.writersua.com/conference/index.html

Free Seminars in Long Beach
Enjoy complimentary training seminars on Sunday, March 13:.
Career Tune-up with Jack Molisani
http://www.writersua.com/conference/career.htm
Adobe http://www.writersua.com/conference/adobe_robohelp_event.htm
Author-it http://www.writersua.com/conference/authorit_event.htm

Late-breaking Additions
Shawn Henry of the W3C presents a special session on accessibility
in UA.
http://www.writersua.com/conference/track2.htm#session51
Adam Rubin of Groupon closes the conference discussing visual
communication.
http://www.writersua.com/conference/track2.htm#session71

News

Skills and Technologies Survey Now in Progress
The UA Skills and Technologies Survey is in progress. Please
contribute your experiences.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/skills_survey

WritersUA Visiting STC Chapters
Joe Welinske of WritersUA is making presentations at STC chapters
in February: Wash. DC, 8th; Philadelphia, 9th; New York, 10th;
Seattle, 15th; Boston, 16th; Calgary, 17th.
http://www.writersua.com/

New Product Releases
New product version announcements include ePublisher (WebWorks),
HelpServer (4.ST), and Doc-To-Help (ComponentOne).
http://www.writersua.com/
Resource Directory Updates
Updates include cognitas and TRA360.
http://www.writersua.com/

About WritersUA

WritersUA specializes in providing quality training and publications
for the community of user assistance professionals. The world of
user assistance comprises a variety of techniques and technologies
to make working with software a better experience. This includes
online Help, wizards, web sites, printed documentation, and
improvements to the application user interface. Our customers
represent a diverse group of technical writers, software developers,
contractors, and consultants.

WritersUA and the WritersUA Logo are registered trademarks of
WritersUA.
Contact: Joe Welinske joewe - at - writersua com
Web site: www.writersua.com Phone: 206-405-0923
Linkedin: Software User Assistance Group * Twitter: writersua

ANNOUNCE: The MadCap Roadshow Kickoff is Fast Approaching

The MadCap Roadshow Kickoff is right around the corner. Join us March
13 at the Westin Long Beach.

FREE NON-TOOL SPECIFIC TRAINING Our full-day, complimentary training
event is not a sales pitch, and is non-tool specific. Regardless of
which authoring and publishing tool you use, the training sessions
cover topics critical for todays technical communicator.

Learn authoring tips, best practices and the latest industry trends
from a wide range of industry experts, including:

Mike Hamilton VP of Product Management, MadCap Software
Laura Johnson Certified Advanced Developer, Certified Flare
Instructor
Scott Bass President, Advanced Language Translation, Inc.
Don Rasky Senior Technical Writer, Mitchell International, Inc.

"Just being able to pick their brains in person is phenomenal! I was
even more impressed with the company and tools afterwards. I'd say if
you have the opportunity don't walk, run to the Roadshow! It's one of
the best ways to get to the next level." -Deb King, 2010 Atlanta
Roadshow

Plus: CATERED LUNCH PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS HOSTED COCKTAIL RECEPTION For
the full agenda, hotel information or to register online, please
visit: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/events/roadshowkickoff.aspx

Can't make the morning or afternoon sessions? Join us for the cocktail
reception at 5PM for some special MadCap announcements!

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising