Re: Nested IF statements in Captivate

Subject: Re: Nested IF statements in Captivate
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:20:59 -0400

Hi Cindy,

It would be easier to answer if you posted a code sample that was failing.

It sounds like you want to check multiple conditions and CP is failing to
check for additional conditions after the first is met. Have you considered
using branching pages to check for each condition?

thanks,

-Greg
03/17/2011 08:16:17 PM:

> From: "Legg, Cynthia" <clegg -at- harris -dot- com>
> To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
> Date: 03/17/2011 08:16 PM
> Subject: Nested IF statements in Captivate
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> One of the guys working with me is having a problem with Captivate.
> He's complained that he's getting no results from his Adobe group. I
> thought someone from this group might help him. He sent me the
> following statement:
>
> Sequential IF statements are not evaluated in Captivate (after the
> condition is met). And Nested IF statements do not seem to work
> correctly (and are wrong for what I'm trying to do anyway). Does
> anyone know if there is a way to execute multiple Advanced Actions
> in Captivate 4?
>
> Don't say "Use the multiple actions event" (which you will get if
> you Google my keywords). -That solution runs everything BUT
> Advanced Actions, including multiple javascripts, but javascript
> does not communicate with page variables and objects, so I'm back in
> the same boat. I need a way to evaluate multiple Advanced Actions
> upon entering a page, as Captivate's only auto-execute function
> works similar to onLoad.
>
> And by way of whining, let me just say the Captivate script editor
> is a horrible straightjacket. A tiny modeless dialog box that
> forces line after line of empty and unbalanced statements. I'll be
> glad when they ditch it in the new version, but I hope it doesn't
> break my old scripts.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer,
>
> Cyndy

> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/gps03%
> 40health.state.ny.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com