Re: 3-D

Subject: Re: 3-D
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:16:20 -0400

Well now you are just getting into augmented reality -- why switch back and
forth between glasses & screen and a physical object when you can just
project the material in the person's line of sight, superimposed on the
object.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-zvymlSvk&feature=player_embedded

03/22/2011 11:21:25 AM:

> From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
> To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
> Date: 03/22/2011 11:21 AM
> Subject: Re: 3-D
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> 3D modeling, such as the ability to view a rotatable image, has been
> used for quite some time now, but I think the value of 3D displays
> for technical documents is going to be very limited as long as glasses
> are needed to view them, because switching back and forth between
> viewing a screen with 3D glasses and viewing a real object without
> them is a quick path to a splitting headache, especially if your
> workspace has flourescent lighting. If someone manages to devise a
> way to generate 3D without the need for glasses (think Star Trek
> holodeck), that will be the game-changer.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng
>

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM, John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> > The talk of monitors got me thinking..
> >
> > Anyone considering any impact to what we do from the perspective of
> > 3D, maybe in the area of exploded diagrams?
> >
> > I'm now seeing laptops with 3D capability being sold on Dell, so I
> > guess it is touching on mainstream.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com