RE: Eye, I, aye! Display this!

Subject: RE: Eye, I, aye! Display this!
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:22:35 -0400

Well, I don't know how I'd manage more.
The one drawback that I've found with the Kangaroo workstation is that it has fixed (front-to-back) position of the displays, and the platform is a fixed depth, so when I've got the keyboard in place to work, I'm quite close to the screens. At least, that's the case while I'm standing. When seated, I can put the keyboard in my lap and sit back as far as I like.

Anyway, the upshot is that, when standing (the preferred mode), I'm pretty-much limited to the two screens, and they pretty-much fill my field of vision anyway. Nearby, I have another PC (for connecting equipment to test) with its own monitor. If the two main monitors on my workstation were lesser resolution, it would be a problem.

However, for organization purposes, I might still be in the market for a good virtual-desktop app. Currently using Windows XP Pro. Expect to be switched over to Windows 7 around year-end.