Re: 3-D

Subject: Re: 3-D
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:30:27 -0700

I think the biggest obstacle is going to be who finds it useful. If
the tech had been developed in the 60's, companies like Heath and Sams
would be champing at the bit to roll it into electronics kits and DIY
service instructions, and you could easily imagine roving TV repair
techs carrying a library of different brands and models with them.
But today DIY is at an all-time low, most consumer goods aren't
serviced at all apart from swapping out modules and by the time
service techs for aircraft, power generation and other big commercial
systems are allowed to work on things that could result in large
liability cases if improperly maintained they're required to be way
better trained than someone who might benefit from this sort of
handholding. That leaves the DoD and as the primary market for
instructions that guide relatively untrained users in the care and
feeding of systems that are field-serviced, hence the subject of that
demo. I predict that if it goes anywhere at all the military will be
the first adopter and then it'll go directly to some sort of game use.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com