Re: DITA useful for translation?

Subject: Re: DITA useful for translation?
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Mike Hamilton <mhamilton -at- madcapsoftware -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:29:35 -0700

>As to having acces to the XML in addition to our visual editor that was
just granted a patent for how we make document structure available via our
visual structure bars, Flare also has a great
>raw XML editor with line wrapping, line numbering, and element color
coding.

I didn't know this. Thanks for clarifying, Mike. If I had a choice, I'd
still be using Flare.

I find XMetaL's mousage-based functionality extremely irritating. I don't
know if other tools require authors to constantly pick up the mouse to move
to other tags, but because XMetaL supports a Trisoft authoring bridge that
funnels my content to my company's CCMS, even moving to another XML editor
would be impossible. XMetaL is now a tech pubs requirement at my company.

I really miss being able to just use VI to edit my topics, as I did with
Flare. One of these days I hope to be able to get back to it.

Bee

There is a lot of myth/folklore that has been spread around about the XML

http://www.doctohelp.com