Re: Name for writing workshop?

Subject: Re: Name for writing workshop?
From: Nick Murray <nmurray -at- pcug -dot- org -dot- au>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:04:52 +1000

Workshop name: "So you think you can write?".
Tagline: "Improve your writing. Get your ideas across. Make your readers say 'Yes, I get this!'".

(or perhaps, "Yes, like I TOTALLY get this!" if they're younger engineers :)

On 11/05/2011 12:06 AM, ksullivan wrote:

Hi all,

I'm proposing an in-house writing workshop for my organisation and I'm dizzy from trying to come up with a title that will grab people's attention.

It's a foundation course and covers sentence structure, writing style, report-writing, writing for the web, and a few other items.

"How to Write" would be the most honest title, but I think this is likely to induce a "but-I-already-know-how-to-write" type of response.

Does anyone have any previous experience in coming up with catchy titles? Something that might induce a "that-sounds-like-it'll-be-a-productive-use-of-my-time" type of response?

Thanks,
Kieran.

--
Nick Murray