Re: Multi-Platform Environments and DTP

Subject: Re: Multi-Platform Environments and DTP
From: Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>
To: suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:27:55 -0400

Suzanne - I have not thought about DITA, but I will definitely look into it.

Thanks!

Chantel

On 5/23/2011 5:01 PM, Suzanne Chiles wrote:

I would strong recommend staying around from Quark or InDesign or any other products in that category. While the products can make for extremely attractive deliverables, they're a nightmare for maintenance and updates.

Have you thought about authoring and publishing in DITA?

Suzanne

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com <mailto:brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>> wrote:

4. We look at an alternative - such as QuarkXpress. But, I've
heard that the tech support for that product is really poor and
while there is windows and mac support, there is no unix support
for the latest version. I also looked at InDesign, but there is
no unix support (and it fails Crossover support). I'm not sure
about PageStream and Scribus; I'm just starting to look at those
tools ...

--
Suzanne Chiles
suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com <mailto:suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com>

--
Chantel Brathwaite
Technical Writer

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/admin%40inktopia.net