RE: Indicating a skipped portion in instructions

Subject: RE: Indicating a skipped portion in instructions
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Martinek, Carla'" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:46:22 -0400

Hi Carla,

Sounds to me like a matrix may be your answer with the Repair/Option Kit
Number as a left column and the steps to perform identified to the right.

For example:

Repair/Option Kit Number | Step 1|Step 2|Step 3| and so on
Number 1 X
Number 2 X
X X

Of course, this all depends on the number of steps. If you have a bazillion
steps, then the matrix gets unwieldy.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com

See Also
Fine Art Photography

"We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used to create
them." (Albert Einstein)

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/admin%40inktopia.net