Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:05:04 -0600 (MDT)

Posted on
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

Webinar series: Macros for Automating Word
Announcing HyperVars - a new FrameMaker plugin
Journalists & Writers Wanted

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

Journalists & Writers Wanted

o add people to our team.

Do you love writing? Are you interested in the technology, tools, and
or the business & evolution of Technical Communications? If so, you
'd be perfect for our team.

Our goal for TECHWR-L is to become a must-read website for Technical C
ommunicators. To do this we need to have relevant, passionate and int
eresting articles and we need your help to create them.

We'll be posting more on our editorial calendar and plans for the comi
ng year on our blog, Inside TechWhirl (www.techwr-l.com/inside) over t
he next week.

Interested? Please email Connie (Connie -at- inktopia -dot- net) so we can put y
ou on the list and start answering any questions you may have.
Webinar series: Macros for Automating Word

iG5 Authoring Tools and Yechiel Lewis present three 150-minute webinar
s designed to help you understand the Word macro environment, to intro
duce you to Object Oriented Programming in Visual Basic for Applicatio
ns (VBA), and to enable you to write your own VBA macros.

Webinar 1: Macro Basics - Tue June 14

Webinar 2: VBA Programming Structures - Tue June 21

Webinar 3: GUI Design and Office Applications - Tue June 28

The fee for each webinar is $125 per participant, or purchase all thre
e sessions for $300.

Register for any session and receive a free copy of the Pre-flight Che
ck tool, a utility for automated Quality Assurance of Word documents.

For more details, go to http://ig5authoringtools.com/word-macros/
Announcing HyperVars - a new FrameMaker plugin for Web-based variable
management from iG5 Authoring Tools and CudSpan

Store variable definitions on a centralized Web server, and your autho
ring team can import them into your documents from any system that can
access the server. Change variable definitions once, and know that al
l your team members can import the same definitions into their documen
ts.

HyperVars turns FrameMaker into a specialized Web client that contacts
the HyperVars server to request and import variable definitions.

HyperVars features include:

* Multiple variable definition sets - for example, store all company-w
ide definitions in one set, and store all product-wide definitions in
another.
* Upload variable definitions to the server with the click of a button