RE: Name of "receptacle" on back of hard ware that...

Subject: RE: Name of "receptacle" on back of hard ware that...
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Lauren'" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:58:50 -0400

"Jack" doesn't necessarily mean power plug. An RJ11 "jack" is for landline
phones. An RJ45 jack is for network cables. There are standard power
connection connectors. Industrial users would like to know the configuration
of that connector. For example, some are square with locking levers. Some
look similar to a standard three-prong plug used in most home appliances,
but whomever is installing a system, or connected a system to a pre-existing
facility source, needs to know the parameters of the power source and the
type and style of connectors.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com

See Also
Fine Art Photography

"We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used to create
them." (Albert Einstein)