Re: Name of "receptacle" on back of hard ware that...

Subject: Re: Name of "receptacle" on back of hard ware that...
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:10:26 -0400

I love Google.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define%3A+jack#hl=en&q=jack&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=s232TZjdBIaSgQenlvDDCw&ved=0CCMQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=7dfcb13436e7bbde&biw=1600&bih=815

jack
noun
jacks, plural

A sleeveless padded tunic worn by foot soldiers

verbâ/jak/
jacked, past participle;âjacked, past tense;âjacking, present
participle;âjacks, 3rd person singular present

Take (something) illicitly; steal
- his MO in the studio remains the sameâjack other people's tracks and
present them in a new context

Rob (someone)
- they jacked him for his car

nounâ/jak/
jacks, plural

A device for lifting heavy objects, esp. one for raising the axle of a
motor vehicle off the ground so that a wheel can be changed or the
underside inspected

A playing card bearing a representation of a soldier, page, or knave,
normally ranking next below a queen

A socket with two or more pairs of terminals, designed to receive a jack plug

A small round pebble or star-shaped piece of metal used in tossing and
catching games

A game played by tossing and catching such pebbles or pieces of metal

In lawn bowling, the small ball at which the players aim

Used as a form of address to a man whose name is not known

A lumberjack

A steeplejack

The figure of a man striking the bell on a clock

A small version of a national flag flown at the bow of a vessel in
harbor to indicate its nationality

Money

A device for turning a spit

A part of the mechanism in a spinet or harpsichord that connects a key
to its corresponding string and causes the string to be plucked when
the key is pressed down

A marine fish that is typically laterally compressed with a row of
large spiky scales along each side. Jacks are important in many places
as food or game fish

The male of some animals, esp. a merlin or an ass

Used in names of animals that are smaller than similar kinds, e.g., jacksnipe

Web definitions

Jack's (corporate headquarters: Homewood, Alabama), originally known
as Jack's Hamburgers, also known as Jack's Family Restaurants, is a
fast food restaurant chain with locations in several southeastern
states. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack's

jack - a small worthless amount; "you don't know jack"

jack - mariner: a man who serves as a sailor

jack - laborer: someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in
manual labor

jack - jackfruit: immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit; it
contains an edible pulp and nutritious seeds that are commonly roasted

jack - a small ball at which players aim in lawn bowling

jack - an electrical device consisting of a connector socket designed
for the insertion of a plug

jack - game equipment consisting of one of several small six-pointed
metal pieces that are picked up while bouncing a ball in the game of
jacks

jack - small flag indicating a ship's nationality

jack - one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a young prince

jack - tool for exerting pressure or lifting

jack - lift with a special device; "jack up the car so you can change the tire"

jack - any of several fast-swimming predacious fishes of tropical to
warm temperate seas

jack - jacklight: hunt with a jacklight

jack - male donkey
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn