Re: Acrobat X Commenting

Subject: Re: Acrobat X Commenting
From: "I.m. Able" <imable2010 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

Wendy wrote:

> Is anyone else pissed about Adobe removing most of the commenting ability
> from acrobat x ? It's taken me a few days of half hearted searching to figure
> this out. But, anyone can comment on any pdf with sticky notes and highlighting.

Yes, me! I did a review last month where all the engineers were able to comment using the free version of Adobe Reader X. I thought it was too good to be true -- one could comment on ANY PDF, whether it was saved as a "PDF for review" or not -- but I didn't expect that all the features to go away.  It makes sense that they want someone to pay for the ability to make a commentable PDF, otherwise no one would buy Acrobat or pay for the cloud services.

Today I was working on a documentation plan and was trying to describe the review process for RoboHelp HTML. I tried a test and was shocked that basically all you can do now is hightlight and insert a comment bubble. That's not going to work. Fortunately I can output a Word document with RoboHelp and have them use Word's review features, but I wanted to start using PDF reviews for everything.

It's not your imagination. It disappeared.

http://www.doctohelp.com