Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions

Subject: Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:33:41 -0700

There are inevitably times when you take a job because you need a job, and
not because you perceive the place as one where your contributions will be
valued. It shouldn't take more than a few months to determine or confirm
that you are in such a place, and in such a place my personal goals would be
split between paying my bills and finding a better place to be. Sometimes,
using smething that happens at work to your advantage means letting it be
the kick in the pants that tells you to move on before it's too late.

I know some people expend great amounts of time and energy on attempts to
evangelize the cause of good documentation and reform their employers'
corporate cultures, and I admire those who have actually succeeded. To me,
it just seems like marrying someone with flaws you can't live with and
expecting them to change rather than just having a brief but mutually
satisfying affair and then going your separate ways before it ends badly.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com