RE: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions

Subject: RE: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions
From: "Richard Melanson" <rmelanson -at- spirecorp -dot- com>
To: "Robert Courtney" <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:38:55 -0400

Bobby,
Very sorry to hear what has happened. I was, and maybe am still, in a
similar situation. Trying to be brief, I am also at a small company,
maybe 125 total headcount. I was initially in the tech services/customer
services department. But I gently lobbied the better place for the sole
tech writer was engineering, and believe it or not, they agreed and I
was moved.

My company as a whole does not value a good sentence, the proper use of
white space, page layout, etc. I have convinced them though that
technical accuracy is very important. So, at the moment, I am
sacrificing many of the items you mention below to meet their deadlines
but making sure the document/s are technical accurate. So to close, I
now produce what I consider less than quality work, but I am getting
numerous compliments on how good the current documentation is. Go
figure.
Rick