Re: FrameMaker 10 trial removes my Acrobat installation?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 10 trial removes my Acrobat installation?
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:08:29 -0700

Yes and by the way, my old 7.2 version of FrameMaker still works. It was just Acrobat that the FrameMaker 10 trial removed.

Mark

On 8/21/2011 12:29 PM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

It might be hard to explain, but it should be easy enough to make user-friendly. The installer should search for previous versions of FM and Acrobat, and if it finds them, ask if the user wants to uninstall them and list what the SW being installed will be unable to do if the answer is no. Someone installing a demo of FM10 may be perfectly fine with the demo being unable to generate PDFs if he/she opts not to allow the removal of the existing Acrobat.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
The real problem is that it is hard to explain all the ramifications of installing the Adobe PDF printer in an installer dialog box, and it just underlines Peter's advice about not installing evaluation software on a production machine. This is particularly true if the evaluation software is a newer version of a tool you already have installed, and even more so if it is a tool you use to get your job done.

http://www.doctohelp.com