Re: real books

Subject: Re: real books
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 08:51:05 -0700

It seems to me that with an established author providing the content,
Marketing designing at least some of the pages and Technical Publications
doing the editing, there needs to be a definition of purpose and ownership
that is not clearly communicated by saying this document is "between"
different descriptions. If it's intended to be an instructional document,
then you probably have manual-related doc standards that should take
precedence; if it's a marketing document, then there are probably Marcom
standards that should be directing format; and if it's going to be a "real
book" that has the established author's name on it and will forever be
linked to his reputation as an author, then his "real book" expectations
should rule.

So given that you are going to have to provide your print vendor with the
actual formatted document, what exactly is this thing for?

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com